It’s 8:15 am. Your experienced, professional, sales oriented, customer service focused, technically masterful sales team is still at the shop. Ready to go…with nowhere to go. Maybe that sales team consists of just lil’ ol’ you. All dressed up and no where to go.
Sigh. Now what?
It’s up to you. Put on your Marketing Hat, and CREATE some action.
I have ideas…most of these great ideas I got from YOU. Thanks…and thanks for sharing!
Recently, on the TV show Dateline, there was a segment on an out-of-the-ordinary sailboat race. Fortunately, this adventure is captured in its entirety on film because a camera crew was tagging along on the favored-to-win boat. As the crew worked to increase their lead over the other boats, one of them spotted a ‘water spout’, a tornado over the open sea. The rest of the crew turned to look at the phenomenon, and the waterspout turned…and headed straight for them.
They zigged and zagged to avoid the tornado, but to no avail. The tornado stayed with them, like stink on a working dog. The sailors pulled the sails and lowered the mast. They filled the boat half full of water so that it wouldn’t get sucked up into sky by the force of the massive funnel cloud. The tornado actually settled right on top of them. In fact, the crew PULLED it right on top of them by the power of their focus.
Do you get this? Do you understand that you are so powerful that your every thought, every action is a force of CREATION? The nature of reality is that we are crafting it.
If there are no calls on the board at 8:15 am it is because you have neglected to create them. Your focus has been elsewhere.
We are powerful beings. Watch your words. Words impact reality. Forbid the use of these words at your shop:
- Dead. (No one’s dying. You just need a few more calls.)
- Estimate. (Estimate means, “No one is buying. Just go over there and give them a price for work that someone else will do.” Instead, use the word Service Call or Sales Opportunity.
- Never and always. Get the data and skip the generalizations.
- Economy. What difference can you make by discussing the economy? Do your part to help our economy and grow your own business.
- Discipline your thoughts. Prioritize and take action on your To Dos and projects. If you turn your focus on the tornado…on the “trouble”…it will gravitate towards you. It must. That’s how the universe works. If you focus your words, your thoughts and your energy on making the phone ring, the phone will ring, by mandate of basic universal law.
- Focus on making FRIENDS. Friends are PEOPLE YOU HAVE FUN WITH.
- Quit looking for the silver bullet and do something simple. My critics. Maybe the word basic is a problem? It’s reality. Simple things done are more effective than fancy things contemplated. “Winners